Friday, September 3, 2010

One more summer quilt


Made last summer, it contains mostly thrift store fabrics inspired by a 1960's apron (brown background with daisies, hearts and yellow strawberries.)




As I was choosing the other fabrics, I kept hearing a song from the 1960's, "Incense and Peppermints," by Strawberry Alarm Clock. Apparently it was telling me it's a 1960's quilt!




OK, I got the message, and made sure to include a few blocks that represent the Civil Rights Movement.



I hope you've all had a great summer!

10 comments:

Sujata Shah said...

I love this vibrant quilt. I also see that yellow has made home in your stash... Black and white adds nice spark and makes it three dimensional quilt!
I miss cutting and sewing :(
Keep inspiring me Nifty, I am almost there!

Buffy said...

A sizzling summer quilt. Great use of thrift market fabrics. Like that you show the back.

Vesuviusmama said...

The adjectives others have used - vibrant and sizzling - are right on point; what a wonderful quilt! Thanks for sharing. And as far as I'm concerned, summer is not over until my long Labor Day weekend is over, nevermind that the kids have been in school for 2 weeks already. I am hanging tight to summer, refusing to relinquish my grip until I absolutely have to!

Bonnie Hull said...

Love this one...recofnize a few fabrics from the ugly fabric challenge quilt. xo...wish you were at our house today for the birthday.

beth said...

I always like your quilts. This one is great!!!

Karen said...

Thrift store fabrics! You certainly made some good finds. I don't find anything like that.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee, so fun! love the happiness.

Bonnie said...

This is just so much fun and full of life. I suspect you really enjoyed making it. Bonnie

melissa said...

Its stunning ! I love it!

Marit said...

What a vibrant and fun quilt! Love it!